Mastering Public Policy for the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda and Sustainable Development Goals in Sudan
سلسلة قادة الاستدامة
اتقان السياسة العامة لتنفيذ أجندة الأمم المتحدة 2030 وأهداف التنمية المستدامة في السودان
SUSTAINABILITY LEADERSHIP SERIES
Mastering Public Policy for the implementation of the United Nations 2030 Agenda and Sustainable Development Goals
Organised by the World Association for Sustainable Development (WASD) in partnership with several partners in the United Kingdom and across the world.
Wednesday 12th – Thursday 13th February 2020 (9:00-15:30)
Khartoum – Sudan
Prof Allam Ahmed, President World Association for Sustainable Development (WASD)
Prof. Amal Babiker, Director UNESCO Chair for Women in Science and Technology
Mohamed Elhag, Managing Director P3 Transform
Dr. Sarra Ahmed Mohamed Saad, Head of Scientific Affairs and International Relations, National Center for Research
Husameldin Elnasri, Transformation Strategist and a Tutu African Leadership Fellow
Dr. Alfatieh Abbas Ghourashi, Executive Manager, Sudanese Chambers of Industries Association
The series has been designed to introduce a variety of fundamental perspectives on public policy analysis and formulation to achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and it will be organised at different countries and regions across the world. The programme aims to discuss and explore various approaches and different ways which can contribute to policy analysis, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
In 2015, the United Nations (UN) General Assembly adopted the 2030 Agenda and its 17 SDGs. The programme will critically address the question of how countries can achieve the 17 SDGs of the 2030 Agenda and to provoke forward thinking on developing new methods and approaches to suit the challenges and opportunities of this new era of digital revolution. These new approaches call for actions to create different appropriate ways of doing things and of doing new things that will be essential to solve our future problems and help in the implementation of the 17 SDGs of the 2030 Agenda. Systematic search for opportunities is important for helping to ameliorate the many problems facing countries. We must therefore produce, consume and organise ourselves differently.
However, until the late 1960s, in most developed and emerging countries, the state has been the major sector responsible for promoting economic and social development, therefore, in addition to the public sector, the programme will recognize the role of the private sector together with the public sector (please refer to the United Nations Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) 2018 report on the Role of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in the Implementation of Agenda 2030 for more details and recommendations). The aim of the programme is to strengthening the role of both public and private sectors in achieving the UN 17 SDGs of the 2030 Agenda.
Furthermore, according to the recent report by JIU 2019 titled “Strengthening the policy research uptake in service of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development”, achieving the 17 SDGs of the 2030 Agenda also requires evidence-based policies and planning at every level and therefore the programme will also include substantial components on evidence-based research and policy planning.
More importantly, JIU 2016 report “Knowledge Management in the United nations System“, identified the important contribution of Knowledge Management (KM) to the implementation of the new holistic and collaborative approach on which the 2030 Agenda is based. JIU argued that knowledge can be the most natural integrative factor system-wide and for all the stakeholders in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
Benefits for employers
- Understand evolving international requirements for achieving the 17 SDGs of the 2030 Agenda.
- The opportunity for employers to showcase their role in different fields.
- After completion of the programme, participants (supported by their tutor) will be required to write a report describing what they have learnt and what is particularly relevant to their employers. They will be given the choice to focus on one single perspective or to build a hybrid model that will help their employers to achieve their strategic and tactical goals. This will help reassure the employers of the benefits of the programme and help consolidate managers’ understanding.
- Each series of the programme will be facilitated by the best experts from all over the world to provide participants within the public and private sectors worldwide with the best scientific and management solutions to achieve 17 SDGs of the 2030 Agenda.
- There will be an activity or set of activities for each session. These will be designed to help you engage with the introduction to the theories explored within the programme.
- Your tutor will be on hand to guide you through the programme and will expect you to bring personal experience and reflection on the topics covered.
- Group work will be required for participants to engage in the programme. Such activity allows participants to embed the new knowledge within their experience through active discussion and challenge.
Included in the workshop fee, the following learning materials will be provided:
- Admission to all sessions including all coffee/tea breaks and lunches.
- All overhead slides.
- Case studies (print and video).
- Certificate of attendance.
- Copy of one volume of World Sustainable Development Outlook book series.
To register for the workshop please contact Reem Elhussien at: firstname.lastname@example.org.