Artificial intelligence and knowledge management for future digital leaders
Five day intensive workshop
Monday 29th April – Friday 3rd May 2019 (9:30-15:30)
Knowledge Dock Business Centre, University of East London, London – United Kingdom
The workshop will be facilitated by world renowned experts in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Knowledge Management (KM), Data Science (DS), and Digital Transformation (DT); Rawad Hammad (Researcher and Senior Education Solutions Analyst, King’s College London, UK); Rabie Saidi (Lead Data Scientist, UniProt, European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge, UK) and Allam Ahmed and Mohamed Elhag (Founders of SMART KM MODEL: An Integrated Knowledge Management Framework for Organizational Excellence).
- This five-day workshop has been designed to introduce a variety of fundamental perspectives on AI, KM, DS and DT to build future leaders in public and private sectors who are able to understand and deal with future challenges.
- The workshop will explain how AI is about designing and building computer-based artifacts to make various human tasks easier. Participants will realise how much AI has the potential to make our lives better in almost all fields. It gives us the tools necessary to learn from and capitalise on human experience, and perform complex tasks such as recommending solutions based on processing large amounts of data. In addition, participants will have insight into: critical analysis; interactive and team working; creativity; and problem solving.
- Future leaders and decision makers will learn effective techniques and approaches to make better choices. Participants will begin to understand the context of their organisations, gather information and assess alternatives; they will also be able to make decisions and develop ways to implement those decisions. The workshop aims to enable leaders and decision makers to introduce fit for purpose KM styles and approaches to their organisation’s effective transformation.
- Using participants’ own organisations as cases, participants will explore how and when they can establish AI and KM initiatives in their organisations and who should be involved.
What will you learn?
- Understanding the key challenges senior leaders face in leading complex organisations.
- Working and influencing dynamics in organisations, including effective networks development.
- Understand the difference between AI, machine learning and deep learning.
- Subjects covered within the workshop will include: introduction to leadership; the difference between leadership and management; leadership skills and tactics; effective leadership; lessons learned from great leaders; communication skills; speaking in public places; and how to become an aspiring leader.
- Participants will acquire comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about AI and KM approaches in alignment with the local needs and capabilities.
- It is a great opportunity for participants to gain good knowledge on AI and KM and gain background information on problem solving using AI. Moreover you will also learn about problem description, representation and solving using AI and/or KM.
Benefits for employers
- Understanding the potential of AI and KM on your organisation/career in terms of productivity, engagement, loyalty and retention.
- Understand evolving organisational requirements.
- The opportunity for employers to showcase their role in different fields.
- At the end of the workshop participants should have acquired comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about AI and leadership styles and approaches in alignment with the local needs and capabilities.
- After completion of the workshop, participants (supported by their tutor) will be required to write a report describing what they have learnt and what is particularly relevant to their employers. They will be given the choice to focus on one single perspective or to build a hybrid model that will help their employers to achieve their strategic and tactical goals. This will help reassure the employers of the benefits of the programme and help consolidate managers’ understanding.
Included in the workshop fee, the following learning materials will be provided:
- Admission to all sessions.
- All overhead slides.
- Case studies (print and video).
- Certificate of attendance.
To register for the workshop please contact Janet Snow at: email@example.com.